How To Prepare for Your Exams

 


It is very important to prepare properly for your exams but it is equally important to take proper care of your body. Stay hydrated. One of the issues this generation has is that we forget to drink water. We barely notice until the last minute.

So please stay hydrated. The summer sun is merciless.

While studying, it is important to take frequent breaks. In order to have this luxury of frequent breaks one must not cram. Studying overnight is detrimental to the body and your mind doesn’t process information effectively. You would perform poorly.

Trust me when I say that studying in the morning is way better than cramming. You might not be able to cover a lot but whatever you cover, you’ll remember it well.

I usually go by 3:4 rule when I study. I spend forty-five minutes studying and take a fifteen minute break to refresh my mind. During this time, I usually listen to music.

It is also better if you write down what you have studied. I study the material once or twice, mull over it and then jot down my understanding of it. Then I go through the source material to cross check whether I got it right or wrong. This would become the notes I skim through before exams.

It is okay if you feel underprepared. You can always do well another time. Rather than panicking over what you cannot cover, study diligently with the time you have. For instance, if you think you can cover only three essays, then cover those three as much as you can. You should be able to answer any question from those three essays.

I always feel that a thorough preparation – no matter how inadequate it is – is better than a half-baked preparation of everything.

So, take good care of your health, eat well and sleep. Stay hydrated. You have totally got this.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Author

Throughout Heaven and Earth, I Alone Am the Honoured One: Understanding the Nuance Behind Gojo Satoru’s Oft-quoted Statement

A Tip for Fiction Writers