The Anime Culture


 

My friends and I went to VR mall to watch the new Demon Slayer movie. I am not a movie person in general but movies that are a part of a niche interest tends to attract livelier audience so I was excited.

The last time I went to VR, I watched J-Hope’s documentary ‘Jack in The Box’ and the audience were amazing. It was a wholesome experience with lots of cheering and screaming. The audience went wild and it made me go wild as well.

Since Anime is a niche interest in India, I assumed that it was going to be the same but I was wrong. The audience were reserved and very few people cheered.

It was a disappointment.

The movie was quite interesting because the plot sped up quickly. This movie is a part of a series and it encapsulated the moment where the plot escalated towards the climax.

That’s where the movie ended; the climax would later be released and we couldn’t wait for it.

The movie also had a lot comical scenes in it which made the audience laugh as one entity. It felt good to laugh with people.





Some funny scenes the audience laughed at. Read from right to left.


The best part in all of this was that my friend and I had a discussion about various character tropes in anime. We critiqued some characters while we appreciated the nuances of others. We also discussed about what type of ending our favourite anime may end up having.

We were also interviewed by a YouTuber waiting outside. I was quite enthusiastic when he asked for my opinion about ‘Attack on Titan’ and ‘Jujutsu Kaisen’

Some people were cosplaying as characters and it was a wonderful sight.

Looking back now, I was quite judgemental. The culture of anime is beautiful in a different way. It is unique and while each may live in their own sphere of fantasy, they all come together to have a holistic experience.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Author

Throughout Heaven and Earth, I Alone Am the Honoured One: Understanding the Nuance Behind Gojo Satoru’s Oft-quoted Statement

A Tip for Fiction Writers