Margaret Hall Day

 


Today is Margaret Hall Day and it was such a good day. I have never been inside a Hall before and today was my first time. As I was sick, I couldn’t dress up as much as I had planned but I was able to gather myself up and visit.

It was such a foreign feeling, entering into a Hall. All of my friends were dressed beautifully. The place was buzzing with activity with a lot of people in ethnic wear. It almost looked like we were all attending a wedding together.

My friends looked absolutely gorgeous. I couldn’t appreciate them enough. Their clothes and make up were done well. I was, in fact, taken aback when I saw them. They were all stunning.

We had our tea party in our host’s room. It was a tea party with no tea. We had everything – chocolates, chips, cakes and juice – except tea. Unless I can count the metaphorical tea, which we had in plenty.

Before seeing the Hall, I had assumed that each person gets their own room but it turned out that one room is shared by three people. The walls were decorated with pictures. Every corner looked alive. It was a small but cozy room.

A friend of mine presented our host with a Ilama stuffed toy. It was soft with rainbow patchwork. We named her Leah. Another friend gave them beautiful flowers. We took a lot of pictures and we visited the rooms of our other friends.

We then went to the mess and took group photos before taking individual pictures with our host. I sat on a steel swing and tried to swing myself but it was not comfortable so I gave up.

We had a photo session in the terrace where we ran into our classmates. The photos under the sunlight came out well. We hosted a photo session for our hosts as a mark of our appreciation for them.

I had to leave early because I was not well. I really wish that I could have stayed until the end. It was an interesting day and I enjoyed it a lot.

I am looking forward to the Korea Day on Thursday.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Author

Throughout Heaven and Earth, I Alone Am the Honoured One: Understanding the Nuance Behind Gojo Satoru’s Oft-quoted Statement

A Tip for Fiction Writers